FRIDAY 8TH MARCH, 2024
Event Briefing - AAA Standard
Horizon Point - Rydges Hotel Foreshore, Jindabyne
RACE START - AAA Standard (1.5km,40km,10km)
Start Line - Horizon Point, Jindabyne
CUT-OFF - AAA Standard
Horizon Point, Jindabyne
- Competitor categories
- 18-24, 25-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70+ (Male & Female)
- Age as of race day
- Requests for withdrawal must be sent via an email to our Athlete Services (firstname.lastname@example.org), at LEAST 7 days before the event. Please refer to the Refund & Transfer Policy for more details.
ON EVENT DAY
- All parking for the event will be at Perisher Village (in the ski tube car park)
- Race briefing for the 73km & 53km events will be at 6pm on Thursday, 9 March at Rydges Horizons at Jindabyne. This is the mandatory race briefing for both events.
- Shuttle buses will be provided from the finish line at Charlotte pass to return you to your car at Perisher Ski Tube, the shuttle buses will run until all competitors have finished.
- Participants must be self-sufficient with re-fueling opportunities and preparing a drop bag for Guthega that you can re-access at 40.5km in for the 73km.
- Ensure you are aware of the effects of dehydration, hypothermia and extreme fatigue, if you do not feel fit to continue, please withdraw from the race at the next aid station.
- There is a fair distance between Guthega and Rawson Pass (approximately 20km), so please ensure that you feel fit to continue before leaving Guthega.
MANDATORY GEAR LIST
- As the Mount Kosciuszko National Park is an isolated area, it is important that competitors are equipped with basic equipment to help in case of an emergency.
- If you pass an injured runner, please stop to assist them until an Elite Energy staff member or until someone from medical arrives. Record how long you were stopped to assist and notify an Elite Energy staff member at the end of the event and they will organise to adjust your time accordingly.
- A decision will be made regarding the bad weather gear on Thursday afternoon from 6pm, and it will be posted on social media as well as posted up around the event site.
PRESENTATION & PRIZES
- Age group podium prizes (1st, 2nd & 3rd)
- Presentation details to be confirmed in the confirmation email sent prior to the event.
- Your results can be accessed via multisportaustralia.com.au and clicking on the event you completed – results should be posted within an hour of finishing your event.
- Results can be also accessed via the results link at the top of the page.
- Results will be uploaded as soon as possible after the completion of the event.
WHAT YOU GET
There is no event merchandise included after 2nd Release date:
Midnight, 15th Feb 2024.
- Event t-shirt or souvenir (with early bird and on time entries)
- Valuable draw prizes
- Sponsors products
- Beautiful race venue
- Timing chip and results on event day
- Safe and professionally managed event
- Police or professional traffic control personnel at all major intersections
- Traffic restrictions or partial/total road closures (dependent on local authorities approvals)
- Incredible support from local sport and charity groups – who receive a portion of proceeds from the event
- Sanctioning, technical support and insurance through triathlon NSW
- Aid stations on the run courses with water and energy drink
- Post-event snacks and recovery nutrition
- Bragging rights and annual stories to tell